1 ½ cups (375 mL) Flour Natural Familex
1 cup (250 mL) almond flour
⅔ cup (160 mL) sugar
1 Tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2.5 mL) baking soda
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cardamom
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
⅓ cup + 2 Tbsp (110 mL) olive oil
2 Tbsp (30 mL) orange juice
10 figs, 4 chopped, 6 cut into halves
1 cup (250 mL) crème fraiche, plus extra for garnish
Honey, to taste
1. Preheat BBQ to 350ºF (175 °C).
2. Grease ramekins or muffin tray with 2 Tbsp (30mL) olive oil.
3. In large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt.
4. Chop 4 of the figs into small pieces, slice the remaining 6 in half.
5. In separate bowl, whisk together egg, remaining olive oil, orange juice and crème fraiche. Fold in chopped figs.
6. Pour wet mixture over dry ingredients. Gently stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into greased ramekins or muffin tray. Top each muffin with sliced half of a fig.
7. Bake in the center of BBQ for 25- 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
8. Serve with drizzled honey and a dollop of crème fraiche.